Sorry for the lack of new submissions for the past couple of months, looks like I've been in a slump. It's just that there's been a whole lot of things going on around that really hasn't helped to keep me motivated to work on new stuff. It's mainly noise-related: the usual barking dogs, neighbors who won't sleep, office/workplace chatter and all that, day in and day out. But I'll leave it at that, let's not dwell on negative things here.
So rather than draw, I've been keeping myself busy with other stuff to take my mind off things:
- Went back to my Steam backlog and finally completed the second and third Shantae games (all set for Half Genie Hero when it's released). Also finished a few adventure games like The Stanley Parable, Machinarium, The Music Machine and Richard and Alice.
- Compiled three different Linux versions of MyPaint (1.0, 1.1 and 1.2) so that they can be run independently on the same system.
- Also compiled Stepmania 5 for Linux and spent some time setting up the theme and songs from DDR 1st Mix to Supernova 2.
- Found a local retailer that sells the Raspberry Pi 3 along with the necessary accessories. Set up Raspbian and Lakka for computing and retro gaming, respectively.
- Started learning how to use Sonic Pi (live music coding) and Scratch (simplified programming).
- Took in a stray kitten we found outside the house. Looking after it also takes some time every day, but it's worth it.
One of the other reasons I've been out of my usual routine is because there's also been some construction work going on around the house lately. I mentioned before that there's a place behind our home that was once rented out but has now been vacant for the past couple of months. Turns out, it's actually the ancestral home of my grandparents, and my parents have decided to get the place fixed up so that I can use the place as my own!
So for the past couple of months, walls and divisions have been torn down and rebuilt, the roof has been fixed, the electricity has been re-wired and the plumbing fixed up, new floor tiles have been laid out and other things like new windows and doors have been added. All that's left is for the rooms to be completely painted.
I really appreciate how much my parents have put into getting the place fixed up. So once everything is done, It'll be up to be to furnish the place. I'm already planning how to budget some of my savings for a few things I might need right away: a work table, a sofa set, a good quality mattress, and maybe an entertainment center and some shelves. I plan to have a monochromatic theme for the place, so I'm only looking to buy stuff that's black, white and gray/silver. I'm looking forward to getting the place all set up, and I might finally be able to relax again for once and concentrate on artworks again.